If you are outside of the United States, then you may have to go through consular processing in order to obtain an immigrant visa or green card. This requires you to attend appointments and interviews at your local consulate. This is often done through family-based immigration or other types, depending on your current visa, situation, or goals. Your consulate will complete biometrics as well as a background check and interview that requires information about your purpose and connections in the United States. It’s best to prepare for these appointments with the help of an immigration lawyer.


As a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, your family members might be eligible for immigrant visas and green cards. There are two forms of family-based immigration systems in the United States:

Adjustment of Status: converts a non-immigrant visa (like a student visa, K-1 visa, or B-2 visitor visa) into a legal permanent resident; Consular processing: the immigration process that gives family members living outside the United States a green card.

At the Law Office of 360 Immigration Law Group., we understand the importance of family reunification. As immigrants themselves, Jamile and her staff understand first-hand how difficult and frustrating the process can be, especially when you don’t have an attorney you can count on, someone you can trust and who has your back. Our experienced immigration attorneys and staff guides families through both adjustments of status and consular processing. We keep you updated every step of the way.

There are also different processes available for employers who need visas for their employees, and for entrepreneurs and other highly talented individuals.

If you’re unsure which family-based immigration process is right for your loved ones, request a consultation with our experienced team from the office of 360 Immigration Law Group today. We are here to listen to your story and examine your situation, assess your needs and eligibility, and educate you about your legal options.

Our tri-lingual team is happy to assist you – we speak English, Spanish and Portuguese.



Our immigration attorneys have guided many families through consular processing. We do more than just complete the forms for you. We also:

  • Provide accurate information and practical advice about immigration law;
  • Help families collect all the right documents and evidence to support their cases;
  • Ensure that the information on our clients’ petitions and supporting forms is accurate as well as complies with federal laws;
  • Assess rejected and denied petition and evaluate our clients’ appeal options;
  • Prepare you for the Consulate Interview by walking you through the entire interview process step by step.

We know how important your loved one’s green card is to you and your family. We were once in your shoes, that’s why we work tirelessly on behalf of our clients and spend significant time educating our clients on their case and the proper legal options available to them. Consular processing can be a long and confusing journey — our goal is to make it feel less overwhelming.


Consular processing is overseen by the Department of State and the National Visa Center. The interview must take place in your loved one’s home country. The U.S. embassy or consulate there will process the documents as well as evaluate you family member’s eligibility for a green card. If your loved one is still in their home country, this isn’t a significant challenge. However, if they are already in the United States and do not have a valid visa, you should consult with an immigration attorney before initiating it as they might need a waiver before beginning consular processing. If the federal government discovers that your loved one was living as an undocumented immigrant in the United States, they can impose significant penalties. The consulate will bar them from entering the U.S. for three years if their stay was between 180 days and a year. If they were undocumented residents of the United States for more than a year, the bar increases to five or ten years. While it’s tempting to just lie about a loved one’s undocumented status, this could result in immigration fraud charges. Instead, speak with our immigration lawyer at the Law Office of 360 Immigration Law Group. We help our clients understand the complexities of the United States immigration system and guide them through its challenges.

If you are outside the United States and are serious about discovering how to win your permanent residency, we are here to help you . . .
Let’s schedule your Legal Strategy and Planning Session today.